The Rookies is an International Awards for young designers, creators, innovators, and artists. The Awards were created to discover and showcase the outstanding talent emerging from higher education facilities and help launch them into careers at the world’s top studios.
Their legacy is from Visual Effects, Animation, and Next-Gen Gaming having created the CG Student Awards – the largest online Awards for creative students. Established in 2009, 74 paid internships and over $900,000US in prizes has been given away.
The Rookies is the exciting next step in the Awards evolution as the “Oscars for young creative minds”. To kick things off they have introduced ten additional prize divisions focusing on the most highly competitive artistic industries.
Take a look at some of the entries so far.. http://www.therookies.co/category/vfx-animation/
To enter The Rookies (THE ROOKIES) you (the Artist) must:
- be 18 years or older.
- Be able to show proof that you have studied, or are currently studying at a certified university, school, or online training facility between January 2015 and May 2016.
- Correctly complete the submission form.
- Upload between one (1) and twelve (12) images of your best work.
To enter the Bootcamp Placement (Internship) category you (the Artist):
- Must be a LOCAL NATIONAL eligible to work in the location you select.
- Must NOT require any immigration VISA’s to legally work in the country you select.
- Must NOT require sponsorship from a Studio to legally work in the country you select.
- Must be able to attend a Studio Internship in the second half of 2016, or otherwise determined by the Studio.
Submissions open :07 March 2016
Submissions close : 29 May 2016
Get your entries in NOW!!!