Website 6FT Games
3D Artist -Six Foot
Our newly rapidly growing game development group is looking for talented and passionate 3D Artists to work out of our corporate office in Houston, Texas. The successful candidate will be working on a series of exciting next generation serious games products and architectural models. With strong 3D modeling skills, you will work closely with other game designers and engineers to model core features of our games.
You will collaborate effectively with a small, high energy team of artists, designers, and engineers. The successful candidate must possess the ability to work in a rapid agile development environment. Strong, proactive problem-solving and troubleshooting skills are a must. Computer science/game programmer degree or equivalent work experience–plus passion for game technologies and be a continuous, fast, and eager learner.
- Communicate with the Art Lead and Art Manager to create assets for each phase of development based on concept art, for game, design, graphics, animation and/or marketing artwork
- Create high quality 3D assets according to established art direction of each project
- Proactive in the collection of photographic imagery to serve as reference for 3D development
- Proficiency in building high and low poly models as required by the project
- Demonstrated 3D modelling skills using industry accepted software (3DS Max, MAYA, Z-Brush, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to create a wide scope of 3D assets (Characters, Architecture, Objects, UI and UX)
- Ability in creating Textures, Normal Mapping, Displacement Mapping
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Experience using the Unreal Engine desired
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Able to effectively give and respond to feedback.
- Self-motivation with a strong work ethic
- Able to work both alone and in a team environment
- 1 plus years of 3D game production experience on AAA titles.
- Must have a portfolio of samples that show a proficiency in 3D modeling and texturing
- BFA or equivalent preferred
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.