FT 3D Animation and Visual FX Teacher
Academy of Interactive Entertainment (AIE) has earned much recognition as a leading educator for the game development, 3D animation and visual FX industries with campuses in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide and Online.
AIE Sydney, located in Ultimo and run by a fun, supportive and highly-skilled team, is looking for a full-time 3D Animation and Visual FX Teacher that has worked in industry to come and join the team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivering the course content using a combination of practical tutorials, lectures and one to one support
- Planning, creation and development of new course materials, including creation of lesson plans and tutorials
- Advising and assisting students on both creative and technical issues
- Monitoring student progress including attendance, coursework, informal and formal assessment
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in NUKE compositing
- A Solid understanding of the complete VFX pipeline
- Experience withproject management and pipeline tools including Shotgun software
- A passion for 3D animation and being creative
- Industry experience in game development, 3D animation or visual F
- Practical, up-to-date knowledge of Maya
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A relevant qualification and Certificate IV TAE
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with rendering management toolkit
- Familiarity with Python scripting
- Familiarity with related specialist tools (eg: ZBrush, Mari, Quixel, Houdini)
The successful applicant will co-ordinate and deliver the course content to students, working within a small supportive teaching team. This is a full-time position.
Applications should contain a Cover Letter addressing the Skills and Knowledge requirements as well as a Résumé.
Salary is negotiable based on skills and experience.
To find out more, get in touch with Jeff Lockhart, Head of School: email@example.com or phone (02) 8514 8800