The Academy of Interactive Entertainment is looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic VET in Schools Trainer and Assessor with experience teaching and administering VET in Schools Certificate Programmes for secondary school students.
The VET in School Trainer and Assessor will be responsible for providing quality training and assessment services which will include providing curriculum support to students and teachers from Secondary Schools.
This role involves working closely with the Head of School to maintain and promote the VET in School Program across the secondary school sector. Other responsibilities include overseeing teaching staff, monitoring student progress, answering enquires related to VET in Schools and mentoring. Key relationships will be with management staff, VET in School trainers, students, and administration staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver course content to secondary school students studying either Game Design and/or Creative Industries (Animation/Game Art).
- Develop and strengthen the relationships with VET in Schools teachers by providing induction and ongoing support,
- Monitoring the progress of the VET in School teachers and their understanding of the VET in School programs with recommendations and training provided,
- Monitoring student progress including attendance, coursework and the delivery of informal and formal assessment activities.
- Reporting and documenting students that are not yet competent or at risk of failing,
- Promote the VET in School programs to parents, students, teachers and secondary schools via attending information sessions and expos,
- Attending school visitations within South Australia
- May be required to teach on-campus courses.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for 3D animation, games development and the creative industries,
- Industry experience in game development, 3D animation or Visual FX,
- Experience using both Unreal and Unity Game Engines
- Practical, up-to-date knowledge of industry software,
- An understanding of the secondary school system,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Enthusiastic and an encouraging teaching style,
- Current “Working with Children’s Check”,
- Current divers license and motor vehicle.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant discipline qualification including a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment,
- An understanding of the VET in Schools related activities.
The successful applicant will deliver the course content to students, working within a small teaching team. This is a Full Time position with a negotiable salary based on skills, relevant work experience and teaching & discipline qualifications.
Please forward your resume and showreel (if applicable) to our Head of School Ms. Ann-Maree Davies firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please call Ann-Maree Davies, Head of School Adelaide on (08) 73256300