The 3-month Internship is open to current film business undergraduate students and recent graduates, who demonstrate significant potential in their area of expertise. The program includes working at Village Roadshow Pictures’ office in Los Angeles, with a focus in garnering hands-on experience in developing, acquiring, packaging and producing feature films.
The Internship will also offer opportunities for various introductions and networking opportunities (outside of day-to-day work at Village Roadshow Pictures), including, but not limited to, networking and informational meetings with AiF Industry Members, Board members and Advisers. The chosen candidate will receive return economy airfare and a stipend from Australians in Film to cover accommodations and other living costs.
- Only individuals may apply
- Applicants must be Australian citizens
- Applicants can be University graduates or current students. The focus is on the calibre of the applicant and strength of their application
- Internships are not available for script development proposals
Applications are assessed by a combination of Australians in Film Committee Members (drawn from industry specialists) and senior staff from Village Roadshow Pictures and Animal Logic Entertainment.
The program has 3 rounds:
- 1st Round: Call for applications (applications close Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 5PM PDT in Los Angeles)
- 2nd Round: A select group of applicants are notified and asked to submit coverage from a sample script
- 3rd Round: Three candidates are selected and notified for interviews with representatives from Village Roadshow Pictures and Animal Logic Entertainment
When assessing applications for this program, the Selection Committee will use the following criteria:
- The skills, experience and track record of the applicant, and the quality of education, references and previous work
- The quality of the application and proposed objective, as it aligns with program goals
- The strategic career benefit to the applicant
- The potential wider benefits to the Australian and international film industry
Applications must be submitted through the online application form provided, and must include all required information.
Applications must include the following:
- Statement of Purpose
- Industry References
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For help or to ask a question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding recipients must deliver a written report to the Australians in Film Board upon completion of the Internship.
Internship Benefits and Obligations
- Australians in Film, its staff and Board, will oversee management of the Internship and the welfare of the recipient for the duration of the Internship
- Employment at Village Roadshow Entertainment Group in Beverly Hills, where he/she will work in projects in development.
- Roundtrip economy airfare
- J-1 Visa
- Travel insurance
- Stipend (the prize value is $20,000. Price of J-1 Visa, flights and insurance will be subtracted from this to form the stipend available for the winning Intern)
- Accommodation (AiF helps secure, but candidate is responsible for all rent responsibilities and living expenses)
- AiF industry membership
- AiF introductions and networking