Established in 1991, Animal Logic is an independently owned and highly respected Australian digital production studio. With offices in Sydney, Vancouver and Los Angeles, Animal Logic produces award-winning design, animation and visual effects for the film and television industries.
Animal Logic’s film credits include The Lego® Movie, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Insurgent, Unbroken, Walking with Dinosaurs: The Movie, The Great Gatsby, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole, 300, Happy Feet and House of Flying Daggers. Animal Logic recently finished production on Allegiant: Part 1 (2016), Captain America: Civil War (2016), and is currently in production on LEGO Batman and Ninjago (2017), Alien: Covenant (2017), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) and The LEGO Movie Sequel (2018).
As we undertake a significant evolution of our animation pipeline we are seeking exceptional team members that will be at the core of shaping and realizing an ambitious plan.
This is a rare opportunity to be at the centre of the development of a modern and highly scalable character pipeline, and make a significant contribution to our large roster of coming feature animation and film VFX productions in the midst of a friendly team of world class artists, technical directors and developers.
The Animation/Layout (Performance) TDs will be involved and responsible for pipeline development and support. Ultimately, this role is ensuring the optimization of the workflow of the Performance departments which include Assembly, Layout and Animation.
The following will be highly regarded:
- 3 years minimum working on animated features or VFX projects
- Competency using and troubleshooting Maya in a production environment
- Experience with a large facility pipeline
- Experience supporting animators and layout artists
- Experience using Linux in production
- Experience interfacing with an R&D department
Programming experience in C++ and/or a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics or equivalent will be considered a bonus
The following is required of all candidates:
- Programming experience in Python
- Experience in PyQt
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow through on solutions
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- Ability to work within a strong team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
If you are interested in applying for this position then please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com