New Zealand wants a 3D Artist / Architectural Visualisation Specialist
First, here’s a little about us:
Isthmus is one of New Zealand’s leaders in the design of significant projects across the country that create real impact on the way people live, work and play. Our award-winning design practice has been leading the way since 1988 and we’ve pioneered an integrated practice, bringing landscape architecture, architecture and urban design together in a collaborative environment. It means more inspiring projects, the chance to collaborate and lots of excitement.
We are embarking on a period of serious growth and we’re looking for people to join our studio who think differently – questioning old ways of doing things and opening discussions that can lead to new possibilities.
Here’s the role:
You’ll be responsible for creating beautiful high-quality visual representations that bring our architecture, landscape and urban designs to life.
Applying a combination of creative and technical talents, you’ll visualise complex spatial arrangements in a highly compelling way through the use of 3D digital media. Working collaboratively on design solutions you will show a strong ability to put your own creative spin on work. You’ll be excited to take our 3D rendering and presentations to the next level through your artistic vision and flair.
- Produce evocative and rich imagery, top quality, photo-realistic or artistic stills
- Create compelling animations and videos as well as 3D digital (face and solid) models
- Develop high-end pristine concept design renders for a wide variety of design projects
- Work collaboratively with our multidisciplinary team to deliver a range of exciting and innovative design solutions
- Help us grow our digital capabilities and way in which we present our designs in new, stunning and bold ways
Is this you?
- 3+ years in a design, digital or other related industry
- You’ve got a blend of technical and creative skills, with a finely tuned design eye and mind excited for possibilities and the highest quality visualisations and artistry
- Advanced knowledge of 3D S Max and V-Ray
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Suite including high-end Photoshop retouching
- Nice to haves include Autodesk Civil 3D, video editing, ArchiCAD
- Bonus points if you have a knowledge of interactive / digital technologies and presentation techniques
- Ideally you’ll have a background in architecture, landscape or urban design and can contribute to the architectural vision, or you’ll be excited to apply your 3D skills to a new industry where you can really make a difference
What it’s like to work at Isthmus:
- You’ll join a design-led studio that’s filled to the brim with people who love to create, collaborate and create impact
- Personal growth is important, we’ll support your learning and development, contribute towards professional development, and you’ll get the encouragement to stretch your abilities and fast-track your career
- Work/life balance is encouraged and you’ll be offered things like flexible work hours, time in lieu, and our very own public holiday centred around Matariki – a day off and a special dinner we throw for the whole team and whanau
- You’ll enjoy a special culture that includes great people and lots of little extras like bike parks, fruit deliveries, Friday after work drinks, and dinner if you’re working late.
If you’re the creative, passionate and self-driven visualisation specialist we’re after, and you’re looking for a role you can carve out as your own, we’d love to hear from you. Send us your CV with some examples of your work. You can learn more about us and our current vacancies or check out some of our work at http://www.isthmus.co.nz