C++ Software Developer – Scene Description API/Tools
Weta Digital is seeking a C++ Software Developer to join the Scene Description API/Tools team.
We are responsible for the development of the core libraries and supporting tools to facilitate the creation, manipulation and management of the huge scenes that make up Weta Digital’s award winning visual effects. This involves high-performance in-memory scene representations to support real-time and offline rendering, interactive non-destructive manipulation, embedding in industry standard third-party graphics applications as well as exposing extensive C++ and Python APIs for use at all levels.
We support artists and programmers across the facility from stage, pre-production, lighting and compositing. The ideal candidate will have a strong C++ Software Engineering skillset with a solid understanding of API design and computer graphics. Candidates with limited experience may be considered as Junior C++ Developers for this role.
- C++ development experience
- Working knowledge of software architecture and design methodologies
- Ability to work as part of an agile team
- Clear communication skills with the ability to interface directly with users and domain developers
Successful Candidate Will Ideally Have Some Of The Following:
- Experience writing clear, well designed APIs used by other programmers
- Experience with general purpose APIs such as Boost, STL, Qt
- Experience with graphics application APIs such as Maya, Motionbuilder, Houdini
- Experience with graphics APIs such as OpenGL, DirectX
- Have some experience with Multi-threaded development and optimization
- Have an enthusiastic appreciation for testing and debugging code
- Work successfully in a group as well as operate in a self directed capacity
- Have experience in Games or VFX industry
If you are attending Siggraph 2016, please note this in your cover letter.