Iloura in Sydney is actively looking for an experienced CG Supervisor to work closely with the VFX Supervisors and department leads to identify production strategies, assess technical options and optimise pipeline tools and workflows for our slate of upcoming feature films.
This is a great chance to join a great team of animation and VFX artists motivated by creativity and technical innovation.
Identify key areas of R&D required for the each project
- Help design technical procedures that efficiently balance amount of screen time with amount of development effort.
- Provide strong leadership and manage the crew successfully while working within the pipeline and workflow
- Work with creative leads to ensure projects maintain a consistent high quality and style set by Iloura
- Lead technical project meetings to identify and implement action plans that ensure the smooth delivery of a project
- Collaborate with producer in the bid process to assess hardware/software needs and supply render predictions for projects.
- Work with artists to eliminate technical hurdles that hamper the production schedule
- Stay informed of emerging industry technologies and production techniques, and determine practical applications of these advances to improve production.
- A minimum of 5 years CG leadership experience using Maya and Renderman in a feature film environment.
- Strong tested knowledge of all aspects of CG pipeline and associated software/plugins
- Knowledge of Katana a plus
- Experience of asset management systems and Shotgun
- Ability to interpret the artistic brief from the VFX supervisor
- In depth understanding of the entire VFX production process
- Ability to successfully delegate, mentor and manage artists
- An approachable, proactive and problem solving attitude.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong sense of team dynamics
Please send your CV and showreel with breakdown via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line:
FIRST NAME_SURNAME – Job title.