We are currently seeking an exceptional Character Rigger to work on our hybrid feature film ‘Peter Rabbit’.
You will be working closely with a variety of departments including; R&D, Art, Modelling, Layout and Animation, to develop, implement and maintain character and prop assets for use in both Layout and Animation.
The following is required of all candidates:
- 2 years experience working on creatures for feature film quality productions.
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage communication during the support phase of published rigs as they move through shots and departments.
- Able and comfortable working to specs as precisely or as creatively as a brief outlines.
- Eagerness to learn and share with your peers in a very development and learning oriented professional environment.
- Proficiency in Python and ability to navigate a large managed code base, or willingness to learn in a fast paced technical environment.
- Proficiency with a recent version of Maya and a strongly node-oriented approach to problems
The following will be highly regarded, but isn’t necessary:
- A good artistic eye and the necessary software dexterity to produce or correct shapes and models when it might tighten the feedback loop with another department.
- Foundational knowledge of trigonometry and linear algebra.
- Experience with character related simulation (soft tissues and localized secondary).
- Experience with cloth simulation.
APPLY: through LinkedIn