Plastic Wax is an award winning animation and production studio specialising in the creation of premium digital content for the global video games and film industry.
We are currently offering short and long term contracts to suitable Senior Character Animators (Maya) to start ASAP- remote considered.
- Create interesting and realistic animation with convincing performances directed by our animation lead and/or producer/s.
- Show initiative, push ideas and innovate within your duties.
- Ability to be relied upon to finish tasks and update Shotgun accordingly
- Communicate with the key production team
- Be aware of project schedules and be capable of delivering work to deadlines
- Exceptional reel sampling your work as a Senior Character Animator on feature films and/or tv series and/or AAA game titles
- Fluent in Maya
- Experienced in biped, quadruped and/or winged creatures
- Ability to create interesting and expressive cartoon style animation as well as create realistic animation
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to solve problems and meet tight deadlines
- Experienced with Shotgun
- Must be able to consider your work will feed into a team effort
- Must be able to take direction well
- Have excellent communication skills and communicate creative and technical thoughts
- Experience with MotionBuilder
We are currently offering short and long contracts to suitable Senior FX Artists (3DSMax) to start ASAP – Remote or in-studio.
- Work with Artists and Designers to implement particle systems such as liquid/fluid
- Model and Texture assets for an extensive visual range of particle systems and visual effects
- Engage with the Creative Director and Producers
- Proficient in developing particle systems, cloth, liquid/fluid & hair sims in 3DSMax
- Excellent knowledge with FumeFX
- Experience as an FX Artist on feature films, television series’, AAA game titles or TVC’s
- Ability to light and render FX passes for developed FX shots
- Ability to develop techniques and rigs to achieve and optimize approved looks
- Have a strong understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Have a proactive and problem solving attitude.
- Ability to self manage, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Experience with Real Flow
- Bash comp their own work in Nuke an advantage
- Experience with Marvelous Designer
- UE4 engine experience
If you meet the above qualifications and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application with link/s to your website/reel (please include a shot breakdown):
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly. No phone calls or agencies please.