|*Contract Server Developer – 2m only filling in for someone on leave
$30 an hour – Temporary, Contract
Inner City location
Online gambling company
Must have residency or full time work visa ( no visa sponsorship or student visas)
Must be Sydney based
- Work with games designers and other developers to design server features required to support new game functionality and releases.
- Identify and investigate key game backend requirements and solutions, including performance, reliability, scalability and security.
- Deliver on new software releases of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing based on evolving requirements and on a timely basis.
- Maintain documentation to support the operations team when the code is in production.
- Collaborate with the games designers to identify and develop server features that support and enhance new and existing games.
- Work closely with systems and client platform engineers to ensure efficient Client/Server Communications.
- Produce and maintain technical plans.
- Help define, establish and enforce best practices for the team.
Interface with Database Technologies for fast access and persistent storage of Game State and User Data.
- Industry experience with relational databases and SQL
- HTML / CSS
- Knowledge of LINQ and specifically LINQ to Entities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices, including managing the design, development and testing of complex software systems
- Ability to work according to agile development methodologies under tight deadlines
- Sound knowledge of software complexity, scaling and performance
- Degree in IT, Computer, or Software Engineering (or equivalent) or extensive relevant experience.
Competencies, Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively as a mediator between all development disciplines, as well as with upper management.
- Demonstrated ability to self-prioritize and execute with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience in the area
- Track record for developing innovative approaches to solve challenges associated with designing robust highly scalable systems.
- Proactive in finding new ways to problem solve and work with resolutions.
- Unrelenting self-motivation, positive attitude, and initiative.
If you are interested, please contact me anytime to apply.
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games Sydney
0427 690 971