Website GREE Melbourne
Game Development Company
There’s never been a more exciting time to join GREE.
Director of Production
We’re now on the lookout for an exceptional Director of Production to work with studio leadership team to create an organisational structure, processes, studio culture & project plans that allow the team to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget. No two days will be the same; you’ll play a key role partnering with the GM, EP and Sr. Director to ensure the successful delivery of a next generation mobile title. If you’re passionate about creating innovative, market-leading games and have a track-record driving production standards and processes, apply today.
- Drive the day to day production across multiple disciplines
- Manage the production team and resources with a particular focus on the development and successful implementation of standards and process. This includes but is not limited project timelines, budgets, reporting, working with various department heads across multiple groups, vendors, and contractors.
- Design and organise production operations and workflows needed to support the development team
- Partner with the GM, EP and Sr. Directors on the resolution of production issues.
- Ensure the production is in line with the creative direction of the game and in support of consumer research.
- Work with studio leadership team to create an organisational structure, processes, studio culture & project plans that allow the team to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget
- Partner effectively with Publishing & Central Engineering teams to develop & execute integrated feature roadmaps to drive reach (via virality & cross-promotion) reduce acquisition costs and streamline development & live services pipelines
Desired Skills & Experience
- Passion for games & proven track-record creating innovative, market-leading and compelling interactive entertainment products/services (specific experience with Mobile & Social games highly preferred)
- 6-8 years of experience in game production or product management in consumer web, mobile, social media &/or games with established track-record of commercial achievement
- Ability to motivate team, provide clear direction, and give insight on product & industry trends.
- Strong project management skills and ability to present work to executive staff & company
- Self-starter, a team player and driven; previous start-up, social/mobile/online games and/or social media preferred
- Outstanding written/oral, organisational, and attention to detail; BA/BS degree
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Full command of the entire production process (from pre-production through launch)
We’re in the business of fun. Come have some.
You’ll be joining a small yet powerful team of talented individuals and industry veterans. We’ve built a culture which is laid-back and fun whilst being passionate and high performing. We’re all game geeks around here and we know your passions because we’re the ones playing alongside you.
With headquarters in San Francisco, GREE International was formed in 2011 and rapidly achieved global success, with popular titles such as War of Nations, Knights & Dragons, Modern War and Crime City. Our Melbourne studio is a diverse community of talented individuals who are passionately creating cutting-edge mobile games, together.
- Design and create captivating and highly performant VFX for a new mobile IP using Photoshop, Maya, Unity and in-game FX systems.
- Execute concept and production designs while working collaboratively with the Technical, Design and Creative teams.
- Work closely with Producers and Product Owners to ensure that VFX meet expected visual quality target, satisfy marketing goals and meet production schedules.
- Collaborate and communicate with the Art Director, Designers and Project Managers for the creation of concepts, visual targets, project style-guides, implementation and final polish of VFX through the production cycle.
- Designing and maintaining clear naming conventions and organization for asset files.
- Proactively manage asset file size and monitor performance issues.
- Demonstrated experience creating visual effects for Mobile games using Unity
- A solid grasp of the principles of animation, physics, lighting and gameplay.
- Previous work with real time 3d particle system (Unity preferred), physics, ribbons, shaders, solid knowledge of rendering engines.
- The ability to author textures and geometry as needed for VFX.
- The ability to discuss and present your work, take direction and feedback from stakeholders.
- The ability to be organized and work with the AD and project manager to manage priorities and the VFX production schedule in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Present a well-organized portfolio that demonstrates a compelling visual style, polished technical implementation and an understanding of mobile game VFX development.
- A self-starter with a high level of initiative who is proactive in finding creative and effective solutions to day-to-day problems and working with the development team and project manager resolving conflicts.
- Have shipped AAA mobile titles as a VFX artist (Unity preferred)
- Experience with Unity pipeline
- Scripting experience in C#, Python, etc.
- Experience designing VFX shaders
- 2D or 3D animation experience
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.