Dreamgate studios is a privately funded company based in Canberra, Australia focused on the development of online mobile games. We are looking for a highly talented and driven person who wants to be a part of a small and growing team, working on innovative, engaging and fun games that will be enjoyed by millions and played for years.
If you are an experienced and self-motivated designer and have a passion for MMO games this is the job for you. In a small team you need to be capable of leading a team of developers throughout all stages of development from prototyping through to live operations, create systems for data driven design and use them to inform customer engagement, retention and monetisation.
As a key member of a small development team you are expected to:
• Spearhead the design of new and existing games.
• Coordinate with the producer and team to help define scope, schedule design tasks, and meet milestone demands.
• Design and tune complex game systems.
• Iterate on features through play testing, usability, and live operations.
• To build and maintain a creative, innovative culture of collaboration and talent development.
• Guide and mentor individuals within the team towards solutions that align with the game’s core pillars.
• Develop successful design processes, research market trends and share philosophies, methodologies, and tools with other team members and senior management.
• Communicate complicated systems to the team.
• Create and enhance game systems to drive user acquisition, player-driven economies, player progression, player engagement and retention, and monetisation.
• 1-2 years of work experience designing F2P games, with at least one shipped F2P title as Senior or Lead.
• 5+ years of mobile game industry experience.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Existing experience in large scale multiplayer systems.
• Solid leadership skills and the ability to train, mentor and grow the talent of the design team.
• Experience in developing resource-constrained client-side mobile applications.
• Demonstrated prototyping abilities.
• Experience with a mobile company managing multivariate (A/B) testing.
• A strong grasp on free-to-play game systems, economies, currencies, and balance.
• Qualifications in game design and/or social science.
• Unity 3D experience.
• Real-time strategy system design experience.
• MMO system design experience.
• Understanding of various project management techniques, including Agile, Kanban and Waterfall.
Please contact us and send your resume to email@example.com
We will relocate the right candidate to Australia, but must be eligible for Australian 457 Visa. Must be fluent in English.