The Associate Software Engineer is an entry level position. This position is within the Game Development organization and works on the creation of compelling game experiences for casino products. The primary responsibility of this positions is to deliver high quality and timely software for all assigned projects. This position must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and is accountable for the thorough implementation of all tasks assigned. The Associate Software Engineer reports to, and is directed by, either the lead engineer or manager of the team.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Create high quality software in a timely manner for casino game products
- Work with senior and lead team members to design and implement solutions for assigned games and projects
- Works with, and develops relationships with, other team members as needed to meet team goals.
- Write well-commented code in accordance with product requirements following Game Development code creation processes
- Develop a solid understanding of the platform hardware, libraries, development environment, tools, and utilities
- Understand the production process and its many dependencies
- Take initiative and be accountable for the timely completion and high quality of all assigned tasks Essential Skills & Experience:
The Successful Applicant Is Required To Possess The Below
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Proficiency in programming language C# / C++
- Object Oriented programming
- Source Control/Configuration Management
Desired Skills & Experience
- Working knowledge of Unity, Unreal, or equivalent game engine
- Client / server architecture
- Windows development
- Strong math skills
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you may be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
[button size=”default” url=”https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_wmsgaming/sg_external/registration.do” open_new_tab=”true” text=”APPLY NOW” icon=”” type=”default” bottom_margin=””]