Black Lab Games is looking for a short-term/freelance Concept Artist! This is a remote position.
We are a Perth-based game developer that specialises in strategy games. In June 2015, we partnered with UK publisher Slitherine Games to release “Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy” on PC, Mac and iPad.
Candidate must have prior Mid-level production experience in either film or games industry.
Potential candidates must supply:
- Link to online portfolio or body of work.
- Must have strong sense of design
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of polish
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of mechanical/hard surface form concepts
- Must have great lighting and rendering skills
- Understanding of 3d concepts
- Excellent complex perspective skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Great sense of material properties and surfaces
- Ability to create 3d paint overs to marketing level art.
- Ability to create paint overs to assist in art direction.
- Demonstrated ability to concept and render Sci-fi vehicles
- Must be able to extrapolate art direction and apply across different assets for consistency
- Candidate must have high level Photoshop skills
Other desirable skills:
- 3d modelling, lighting and texturing -Autodesk Maya preferred.
- Experience with game engines – Unity 3d preferred.
- Access to good internet connection and work in an online collaborative environment.
- Ability to work up concept art from Art director thumbnails
- Able to create orthographic and models sheets from concepts for 3d team
- Ability to take direction from Art Lead.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- High organised and motivated
- Must be flexible and available during weekdays.
We welcome all applications from enthusiastic concept artists. Black Lab Games is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your resume, portfolio links and rates to firstname.lastname@example.org. Potential candidates will be notified via email.