We are currently seeking a full-time Game Art & 3D Animation Teacher with relevant industry experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering the course content using a combination of practical tutorials, lectures and one to one support
- Planning, creation and development of new course materials, including creation of lesson plans and tutorials
- Advising and assisting students on both creative and technical issues
- Monitoring student progress including attendance, coursework, informal and formal assessment
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A passion for game design, 3D animation and being creative
- Industry experience in game development, 3D animation or visual FX
- Practical, up-to-date knowledge of Maya
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiasm to pass on your knowledge and skills
- A relevant qualification and TAE4
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Formal qualification in a related area
- Experience in Game or Film Industry
- Character rigging and animation skills
- Experience using middleware game development platforms (eg: Unity, UDK or Gamebryo)
- Familiarity with related specialist tools (eg: ZBrush, Motionbuilder, Nuke, Mudbox,)
The successful applicant will co-ordinate and deliver the course content to students, working within a small teaching team. This is a full-time position.
Salary is negotiable based on skills and experience.
Applications should contain a Cover Letter addressing the Skills and Knowledge requirements as well as a Résumé.
To find out more, get in touch with
Jeff Lockhart, Head of School: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (02) 8514 8800