Hydraulx VFX is looking for a Lighting Artist to join our dynamic creative team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create lighting and deliver rendered 3D scenes.
- Understanding of look development and shading processes.
- Effectively economize, manage and troubleshoot rendering issues.
- Ability to learn and work independently and perform render wrangler tasks.
- On-time renders delivery.
- Work closely with both 3D artists and compositors to seamlessly integrate CG elements within live-action plates.
Required Skills and Experience
- 1+ years of previous experience as a 3D artist in a VFX studio.
- Understanding of shading, rendering and look dev.
- Understanding of import/export of Houdini files.
- Ability to organize large 3D files.
- Advanced user of Maya and Mental Ray.
- Nuke knowledge is a plus.
- Expert use of multi pass 3D rendering.
- Scripting knowledge an asset (Python, MEL).
- Linux experience preferred.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player spirit.
- MUST have flexible schedule, and be willing to work some weekends.
- MUST be a BC resident, and be eligible to work in Canada