Animal Logic is looking for a highly motivated creative layout artist with a range of experience to help define visual FX sequences for a live action film. As part of the layout team you will be working to realize the director’s brief and cinematic vision for this film.
This position will be based at our studio in Sydney, Australia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work within a small team of layout artists under the oversight of a department supervisor
- Be responsible for helping establish the cinematic staging and camera positioning as directed, for some full CG shots
- Ability to pose and/or roughly animate characters and objects with good sense of timing
- Ability to work within a production schedule, delivering shots and/or sequences
- Ability to provide the technical set-up of shots to departments further down the production pipeline
- Be open to direction and have the ability to embrace change
Qualifications and skills
All candidates should:
- Display a strong reel that shows examples of layout and/or previz work
- Have experience with full CG sequences
- Have experience in VFX Layout and/or previz
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of visual story telling including staging, composition and editing
- Possess excellent organizational and verbal communication skills
- Have a strong working knowledge of Maya and some experience with Nuke
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and the project
A recognized qualification in film, animation or fine arts would be helpful but is not essential.
To apply, please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs