Stile is on the lookout for a kickass UI Designer. If you back yourself as one, read on!
Stile is all about two things:
- Helping tomorrow’s leaders find a passion for science and scientific thinking.
- Working with a group of awesome people.
We’re a rapidly growing EdTech Startup; a tight-knit team of of highly motivated, hardworking and passionate individuals that have come together to make science in schools awesome. We build an interactive, online science resource that is all about looking at the science behind the latest discoveries and news, and showing them how important it is to studentsâ lives, no matter what they end up pursuing.
We’re on the lookout for a Lead (ok our only, so far) User Interface Designer to own the look and feel of our webapp, used by kids and teachers all around Australia. With over 250,000 students using Stile so far, this is a chance to have serious impact – to build a product for teachers and students that they actually enjoy using.
Here’s what you’ll be up to:
- We’re constantly updating and adding to both our content and our web platform. As such, you’ll work closely with our engineering team to both create beautiful new experiences for schools, but also make existing ones absolutely awesome.
- Talking to students, teachers and staff across the business to form a deep, nuanced view of what constitutes and amazing digital experience in a school context.
- Creating and owning our library of user interface components, as well as the colour/motif palette we’ll base our work on.
- You’ll work closely with, and for now, directly for, a CEO who is obsessed with creating truly great products.
- Together with our UX, researchers and learning designers, creating wireframes and mockups of new features and games.
Over the next year, we’re looking to build an incredible group of people that together will form our product team. As the first member of this team, you’ll be central to shaping the composition of that team, and designing how products get build at Stile for the next decade.
So a bit about you:
- You’re smart.
- You find a way to get it done.
- You innately understand just how much experience matters. You’re obsessed with great products, and morally outraged by bad ones. Poorly designed products probably offend you. They offend us!
- You’re constantly thinking about how you could do your job better.
- You’re ready an willing to accept feedback and critique of your work, but also aren’t afraid to defend something when you think it’s right.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll get the opportunity to shape a product that is solving a deeply important problem.
- You already have a substantial audience – this is one of the fastest growing subscription apps used in schools.
- You’ll have a huge amount of latitude to really take ownership over the look and feel of our product – to really make it your own.
- You’ll work with a team of awesome people.
- You’ll work in our funky offices in Abbotsford, with a fully stocked kitchen and home-cooked meals weekly. We love our social stuff, so if you’re the kind of person that likes to ‘get amongst it’, awesome. Think annual company ski trips, surf trips, dinners, and other silly fun.
- We won’t lock you in the office: you’ll have a chance to get out and about seeing schools, going to conferences, etc.
- The latest computer kit. Tell us what you need and we’ll make sure you’ve got it.
- Great salary and benefits.
Does this sound anything like you? If it does, obviously apply, but you MUST submit a cover letter, addressed to Byron Scaf, telling us why you are going to absolutely blitz it.
Looking forward to chatting!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.theloop.com.au/jobs/Lead-UI-Designer/Melbourne/25906 →