Plastic Wax is an award winning animation and production studio specialising in the creation of premium digital content for the global video games and film industry.
We are currently seeking talented Lighter/Render Artists to join us in our waterfront studio in Rhodes from 2 May to 10 June.
- Light and render a variety of small and large scale cg elements including props, models, environments, crowds, creatures and effects.
- Provide solutions for techniques such as subsurface scattering and physically plausible shading
- Maintain consistency across sequences and shots.
- Be aware of inefficiencies in any area of the pipeline that are impacting the lighting artists’ ability to work efficiently, and flag these issues as necessary
- Communicate creative and technical issues effectively
- Work closely with compositors ensuring the renders you provide are consistent
- Engaging with the Lead Lighter, Creative Director and Producers
- Proficient in 3DS Max & Vray
- Highly experienced as a Senior Lighter on either feature film, TV series, games or TVC’s
- Full understanding of colour theory and LUTs
- Knowledge of Nuke, Photoshop and Substance an asset
- Demonstrable ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Real world understanding of physics, math, proportion, depth, colour, and of course lighting
- Must be able to take direction, adaptable to change
- Work well within a team focused environment
- Strong problem solving skills and a good eye required
- Positive, pro-active and excellent communication skills
- Must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a current valid working visa.
- Experienced in Maya
- Tool building and scripting knowledge
- Good artistic skills, with a particular emphasis on real-world lighting/photography
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application with link/s to your website/reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email:
Subject: [Lighter/Renderer] YOUR NAME
Email to: email@example.com
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly. No phone calls or agencies please.