Rising Sun Pictures are currently seeking experienced LookDev / Texture Artists to join our growing team.
Employment period: This is a long-term position with a September 2016 start.
Location: Adelaide, Australia. This position is open to local and international applicants. Visa and relocation assistance provided where applicable.
Texture Artists will be required to quickly create photorealistic textures and materials for a wide range of assets including props, characters and environments, for a number of live action projects. Applicants presenting photo realistic work will be reviewed with priority.
Your previously held positions are likely to have included texture artist, look development artist, 3d generalist etc. You have previously textured an extensive range of models from props, characters, urban and city environments through to complex terrain, all with great speed and accuracy.
Your excellent communication and collaboration skills are highly regarded by your previous supervisors. You provide confidence to production because you have absolute clarity in what is expected of you in terms of consistency and quality.
- Create and deliver textures that meet the artistic brief.
- Ensure every asset you create meets the requirements of those downstream.
- Work with shader writers, modellers, lighters and other texture artists to produce consistent and accurate work.
- Regularly demonstrate your work in progress.
- Review your work prior to submission, ensuring it hits creative and technical notes, adjusting where necessary.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of shading principles and shader language.
- Strong understanding of colour/bit depth/resolution and how they affect the texturing process.
- Actively mentor and develop less experienced team members.
- Promote a collaborative and enjoyable workplace influencing morale, fostering purposeful discussion and positive work ethic.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years professional VFX experience in the areas of texturing & shading.
- Expert user of production ready software including Maya, Mari, Z-Brush & Mudbox. RSP operates in a Linux system environment.
- Some exposure to Nuke & Houdini is desirable, but not essential.
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanour in a delivery focused work environment.
- Real world understanding of proportion, depth, scale, and physical space.
- Expert organisational and time-management skills.
- Technical and creative problem solving with a can-do mindset.
To apply, please click the Apply button below.
You can communicate with us regarding this position by sending an email with your resume, reel and breakdown. Please state your availability and country of passport so we can assess your right to work in Australia and visa options.