Blue Volcano is looking for a full-time local developer to join our team. The job will consist of 1-2 days per week in our Pyrmont Office and 3-4 days per week of remote work. The position is initially for six-months with the opportunity to continue based on performance, milestones and KPIs. (A Starting time will early/mid November after PAX. We feel at Blue Volcano that in-person collaboration leads to increased productivity and creativity and for that reason will give preference to Sydney-based applicants.
Currently we have two projects in the works – one in VR and the other a music based game. You will mainly be working on the music game and contributing where the projects overlap. While most of the planning, key gameplay mechanics and features have been decided, new ideas are encouraged and we want you to contribute to the game’s direction as opposed to being a developer who only writes code.
Working on a music based game, you should have a passion in seeing bands, discovering and listening to new music. We want to use this game to highlight amazing Australian bands who share our indie ethos. Bring your love of music to the job and we’ll see how we can integrate it into the game.
The game has a heavy focus on visuals so graphics programming (visualisers, OpenGL, shaders) is advantageous. We also require integration with social media and streaming platforms, so the ability to write code to communicate with external API’s (such as YouTube and Twitch) is desired.
What we are looking for:
• 3+ years’ experience with Unity 3D
• Strong C# skills
• Ability to create clean modular code
• Ability to analyse and optimise code
• Passion for great music
• Understand music structure and Unity Audio implementation
• Interested in VR
• Ability to integrate code with Social Media/external API’s
• You have released at least 2 games and understand the process of getting a game to market.
Even nicer if you have:
• Shipped multiple titles across multiple platforms
• Experience with Playstation platform
• Experience with graphics coding (OpenGL)
• Used cloud servers and repositories.
• JJJ, Fbi and electronic music on your radio station
• A good taste of fine beers
If you have the skills and experience, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Successful applicants will be contacted directly.