Mountains is a craft games studio based in Melbourne, Australia.
Newly founded by Ken Wong, the lead designer of the Apple Design Award winningMonument Valley, Mountains aims to create small, beautiful games that linger in hearts and minds. Through the combination of inspired visual design and technical innovation, our goal is to make intuitive, surprising and impactful user experiences.
At Mountains the health and happiness of our employees comes first. We believe a happy team and strong communication are the keys to efficient production and work that we can be proud of.
YOU WILL BE
- Working full-time (part time negotiable) from our Melbourne studio in Southbank Located inThe Arcade, Australia’s leading game development co-working space
- The most senior Programmer in a new mobile development studio
- Working closely as an influential founding member of a small team
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Freedom to help shape the identity of a young studio with a pedigree
- The opportunity to work in Melbourne’s CBD, a short walk from Flinders Station
- Travel and speaking opportunities at industry events (domestic and international)
YOU WILL NEED
- Proficiency with C# / Unity3d
- Well-rounded understanding of shaders, AI and graphics programming
- A passion for designing hardware and software solutions to meet studio and project needs
- Experience as a team player with a high level of written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work closely with QA, designers, artists and producers
- The ability to supervise and mentor junior programmer(s)
- Attention to detail, and a deep care of your craft
- Positive attitude and strong sense of initiative
- Experience in a senior technical role on mobile games
- Experience on PC, Mac or console projects
- Game design and/or level design skills, and the ability to articulate these concepts
- Experience working on shipped game titles
- Interest in casual, social, independent and experimental games
- Applications from diverse backgrounds are encouraged
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before midnight AEST on June 20th. A minimum of 2 references are required in your application, and referrals are highly regarded.
Applications received from people working in similar industries will be treated with the strictest of confidence. As part of our recruitment procedures for this role, Mountains may independently verify the information you provide us during the recruitment process. Only those applicants required for an interview will be contacted as a result of this application.
Apply now: firstname.lastname@example.org