PikPok is looking for a UI Artist to join the ranks of our Art team! Operating within a highly creative and collaborative team-focussed environment, our interface artists work closely with other art and design staff to develop and implement top-shelf interface solutions for all of our games. You’ll need to be a confident and enthusiastic communicator – someone who appreciates collaboration and iteration as a means to achieve the very best results.
You can expect to be developing:
• Game-ready UI designs, including all associated finished production/pixel art, layouts, animations and visual effects
The ideal candidate must possess:
• Specific skills in illustration, painting and general rasterized image creation and manipulation – you must be able to ‘push pixels’ in Photoshop to a production-ready standard
• Experience in general graphic design practice: typography, layout, composition, colour theory, etc. • A thorough understanding of and appreciation for all aspects of UI and UX design practice
• Proven skills and experience in implementing UI designs across iOS and Android apps and/or games
• The ability to work effectively across a diverse range of styles
• Strong competency with Adobe CC • Proven workflow, task management and scheduling skills
• The ability to communicate effectively and with confidence both verbally and in written form
• A positive ‘can-do’ attitude, great work ethic and enthusiasm for iteration in pursuit of consistently excellent results
• The capacity to work well under pressure and to efficiently manage tight deadlines
The ideal candidate should possess:
• Some experience in a professional (preferably studio) environment – games, web, graphic design or other relevant area or creative industry
• A keen eye for motion graphics, animation and visual effects, and how best to utilise those skills in the creation of high quality UI solutions
• A developed understanding of (and appreciation for) video games as a creative medium • Some working knowledge of professional-grade 3D software (preferably Maya
Some working knowledge of modern game engines (preferably Unity) If this sounds like you, then please take the time to look over some of our work by visiting us online at www.pikpok.com. The site is filled with examples of the type of work we’re looking for and the level of quality you’ll be expected to achieve. Better yet, play some of our games! If group work is included in your portfolio, ensure that you provide a detailed and accurate break-down of your specific contributions.
Contact: Please send your application including a copy of your resume/CV to: email@example.com.
Be sure to include a (clickable) link to your portfolio. Please do not include unnecessarily large email attachments.