GREE Melbourne is on a mission to reinvent mobile gaming.
1. QA Tester
We’re now on the lookout for a talented QA Tester with extensive games experience to play a key role ensuring our newest franchise blockbuster is free of bugs. A typical day involves being assigned to various game playing/testing activities and creating bug reports. Under the supervision of senior members, the you’ll conduct compliance testing to ensure software meets regulatory and/or performance standards or requirements.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Execute test plans to detect and record product defects.
- Find and enter bugs into appropriate bug database.
- Perform routine testing of our games before deployment and before patches and updates.
- Reproduce bugs within the bug database to assist resolution.
- Perform smoke tests on builds prior to release.
Interested? Here’s what you’ll need to stand out from the crowd:
- 1 year of prior QA experience and experience testing on mobile devices.
- Experience with JIRA and Agile methodology.
- Passion for mobile games and understanding of player quality expectations on “best in class” games.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of and interest in good English language practices with respect to grammar, punctuation, spelling, composition and style.
- Proofreading and editing skills with an attention to fine details.
- The ability to execute processes to accomplish goals and tasks.
- Motivated and team oriented attitude.
More about GREE
With headquarters in San Francisco, GREE International Entertainment was formed in 2011 and rapidly achieved global success, with popular titles such as DragonSoul, Knights & Dragons, Modern War and Crime City. Our Melbourne studio is bright, highly collaborative and boasts spectacular views of the city.
You’ll be joining a small and powerful team of talented individuals and industry veterans. We’ve built a culture which is laid-back and fun whilst being passionate and high performing. We’re all game geeks around here and we know your passions because we’re the ones playing alongside you.
We’re in the business of fun. Come have some.
[button size=”default” url=”http://jobs.jobvite.com/gree-entertainment/job/omwh4fwX/apply” open_new_tab=”true” text=”APPLY NOW” icon=”” type=”default” bottom_margin=””]
2. Game Programmer
Be part of a talented and energetic team that is passionately creating a next generation mobile game for GREE International. This role will be responsible for coding across entire segments of the game, from front end UI to the back end engine functionality – as well as working closely with artists and designers to turn ideas into reality. No two days will be the same; the role will constantly be changing, working on new levels and content through the full lifecycle of the game production. Just like GREE, you’ll elevate the game by writing the best code for the project and deliver an amazing product that our customers will love.
More about you
The Programmer we’re seeking will have exceptional coding ability combined with a natural passion for mobile games. We’d love it if you had a bachelor or higher in computer science or maths/physics, and a portfolio of demonstrated experience writing great code for mobile devices and/or games.
To be considered for this role, you’ll need to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Exceptional coding ability using C#, Java, C++ and C
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment
- Experience across the full stack of mobile development
- A natural passion for the mobile games industry
- Ability to listen to what people need and want, both from other disciplines and within your own team
- Focus on sharing your knowledge, ideas and vision with the team
- Thrive on writing great code to enhance the gameplay experience.
More about this team
GREE is a global leader in building top-quality, high engagement free-to-play mobile games. GREE’s annual revenue run rate is over $1 billion, and the Company has a market cap of $1.4 billion with over $500 million available in cash. GREE International, the division leading GREE’s charge into the Western market, was formed in 2011 and rapidly achieved international success, with popular titles such as War of Nations, Knights & Dragons, Modern War and Crime City.
Our Melbourne studio is a diverse team of talented people who are passionately creating the best mobile games together. Our vision is to create, to perfect, and to triumph. And beyond having free lunch, product allowances and a decidedly non-corporate culture, working with awesome people and mobile games every day is the best perk of all.