You are a talented character animator with a solid understanding of the technical side. You can create and implement in-game animations from start to finish, including integrating animation events and tweens in scripts, and setting up proper state flow in Mecanim. You have the know-how to creatively and proactively solve resource-restricted tech challenges. You are comfortable with (and capable of) providing team members with feedback and support on both the artistic side as well as the technical side. In a nutshell, we need you to be comfortable handling the entire animation pipeline, rather than focusing only on animation asset production.
Ideally you bring the following to our team:
- Character and prop animation skills as well as experience in game animation targeting Unity specifically.
- A deep understanding of different animation tools and techniques such as Mecanim, animation re-targeting, additive animations, blending, real-time IK animations (Final IK Unity plugin), tweening (DOTween), as well as some scripting skills to handle mixing and matching their implementation effectively.
- Sense to know when particle effects, mesh swaps, or sound effects will enhance your animations as well as save on production time.
- Experience with skinning/minor rigging/animating in Maya LT and integrating art into Unity.
- Ability to define how elements within projects will interact, build, transition and function from the concept stage to final implementation.
- Familiarity with modeling for low-poly art styles, able to quickly turn a sketched concept or loose idea into a model and comfortable with kit-bashing.
- A solid grasp of art fundamentals, particularly familiarity with developing strong silhouettes, clear direction, balance, rhythm, simple shapes, weight and use of color and lighting. Our low-poly style leans heavily on these design tenants.
- Any other art / tech skills useful to game development.