Defiant Development is looking for a talented 3D Character Artist to join our award winning studio for HAND OF FATE 2 and other unannounced projects. This is a full time position, in-house at Fortitude Valley (just outside of Brisbane’s CBD) offering benefits and relocation assistance.
• Realize the overall artistic vision of characters based on designs, concepts and descriptions
• Design, model, and texture high quality 3D characters.
• Collaborate with Art and Design leads to create technically sound, engaging and memorable characters
• Mentor and train junior artists
• Multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and follow through on details
• 2+ years of professional experience creating characters for game development
• A portfolio that demonstrates excellent character modeling and texturing techniques, both high and low poly
• An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy with a keen eye towards form, structure, and silhouette
• Excellent understanding of efficient techniques for game production
• Experience with Max/Maya, ZBrush/Mudbox and Substance Painter
• Exemplary oral and written communication skills
• Willingness and aptitude to learn new techniques and best practices
• Have a genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games
Please send your portfolio and application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close Wednesday, 31st July 2016.
Defiant encourages applications from women and minority candidates.
No recruiters please.