Website Studio Blackbird
Visual Effects Studio
Blackbird is a creatively focused Visual Effects Studio based in Surrey Hills, (Sydney) NSW. We are looking for a likeminded Senior FX TD to join us working on a number of exciting projects. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to work within a collaborative creative team environment, working on high-end commercials for local and international markets.
Immediate start through to Mid March 2017.
You must be someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, shares our enthusiasm for Visual Effects and enjoys working closely with fellow artists. You must have strong attention to detail and be passionate in your approach to producing a high standard of work.
We are currently looking for a Senior FX TD who has a proven ability to provide technical and artistic leadership within our established CG team. You should be passionate about creating spectacular and convincing special effects ranging from particle simulations, fluid solves to rigid body dynamics and other FX techniques.
You should have a reel that clearly demonstrates your capability with previous work for commercials and/or feature work. This is not a junior position, mid-seniors only should apply.
Overview of responsibilities
- Participate in development, testing and R&D required for VFX elements
- Produce tests and deliver final renders for assigned shots.
- Work in partnership with CG lead & compositors to ensure that the VFX elements for shots are delivered on time and to the very highest standard.
- Assist with tool development and provide support and documentation for tools created
- Take a leadership role in problem solving issues related to the pipeline
- Demonstrate progress through the regular submission of work in progress and daily updates.
- Clearly communicate with production any delays or obstacles that may impact your delivery.
- Respond to internal & client feedback
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have a proven and excellent track record using Maya
- Our pipeline also includes Golaem / Yeti / VRay so experience in any of these would be a strong advantage
- A high level of experience using Houdini would also be considered favourably
- Strong experience scripting in Python.
- Artistic and real-world understanding of dynamics, proportion, depth, scale, and physical space.
- Excellent people management/leadership and organisational skills.
- Maintain a positive and professional manner in a deadline focused work environment.
- Technical and creative problem solving with a service oriented mindset.
Please send reels and info to email@example.com with Senior FX TD noted in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.