Website Animal Logic
Animal Logic is looking for a senior layout artist with a range of experience to help define the visual language of our animated features. As part of the layout team you will be working to realize the director’s brief and cinematic vision for an animated feature film.
This position will be based at our animation studios in Sydney, Australia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a senior member of a team of layout artists under the supervision of a layout supervisor.
- Responsible for helping establish the cinematic staging and camera positioning as directed by the film’s director.
- Ability to pose and/or roughly animate characters.
- Ability to work within a production schedule, delivering shots and/or sequences to the editorial department.
- Ability to provide the technical set-up of shots to departments further down the production pipeline (e.g. Animation).
- Be open to direction and have the ability to embrace change.
Qualifications and skills
All candidates should:
- Display a strong reel that shows examples of work done in the 3d computer generated environment of an animated movie or television production. Within the reel there should be examples of entire sequences, not just single clips. Where possible a storyboard animatic, followed by layout and then through to final finished film clips.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of visual story telling including staging, composition and editing.
- Possess excellent organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Have a strong working knowledge of Maya (knowledge of XSI a plus).
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and problem solve.
- Have an excellent attention to detail.
- Be willing to learn, and contribute to the success of the team and the project.
- Have previous experience working on a CG animated feature or television program.
A recognized qualification in film, animation or fine arts would be helpful but is not essential.
If you are interested in applying for this position then please complete our online application form via our website: http://www.animallogic.com/
Animal Logic is one of the world’s most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design. If you think Animal, think Moulin Rouge, House of Flying Daggers, 300, The Great Gatsby, Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians, BBC’s Walking with Dinosaurs 3D, Avengers: Age of Ultron and of course the blockbuster and BAFTA winning hit, The LEGO® Movie. Yes, that’s all us!
We are based in Sydney, LA and are now very excited to be establishing a presence in Vancouver.
If you want to create GREAT WORK with GREAT PEOPLE then this is your GREAT opportunity to join our Sydney studio.
To apply for this job please visit www.animallogic.com.