Plastic Wax is an award winning animation and production studio specialising in the creation of premium digital content for the global video games and film industry. Some of our completed works include Hunger Games 2, LEGO Stars Wars Force Awakens and Transformers to name a few.
We are currently looking for talented and motivated Senior Compositors proficient in Nuke.
Dates: 9 May for 4-5 weeks… possibly more.
- Composite CG/VFX sequences /projects
- Together with the Lead Compositor, evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots
- Engage with the Creative Director and Producers
- Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color grading
- Maintain the overall look, color balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work
- 7+ yrs compositing experience in a production environment with a minimum of 5yrs on Nuke
- Candidates should have a strong sense of composition, color and design
- Must have an organised workflow, and a detailed and strong creative eye for photo-real color, composition, physical lighting and movement
- General understanding of 3D lighting/shading and photography
- Fluent with Vray
- Must be able to work within a team, independently, and take direction well.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Pro-active and have excellent communication skills
- Be able to communicate creative and technical thoughts.
- Experience with Python and 3DS Max
- Experience compositing Stereo (3D)
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Ability to create complex macros and/or plugins in Nuke is a plus
- Programming experience a plus
- Strong fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in being considered for the role, please submit your application with link/s to your Reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email:
Subject: [Compositor – Senior] YOUR NAME
Email to: email@example.com
If your candidacy is successful, you will be contacted shortly. No phone calls or agencies please.