Rising Sun Pictures is currently looking for a talented Shader Writer to join our Look Dev team.
Employment period : This is a long-term position with an immediate start.
Location: Adelaide, Australia. This position is open to Australian and international applicants. Visa and relocation assistance provided where applicable.
Reporting directly to the CG Supervisor, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of complex render and shader software systems, used to create high-end visual effects. Your duties will be split between building new systems, maintaining current systems, and supporting artists in executing production tasks. Working as a key member of the Look Dev team, you will collaborate with Lighting, FX and Compositing teams to drive the look development of photo realistic CG assets.
* Develop software tools and/or systems under the guidance of departmental project leads.
* Come up with creative, efficient rendering solutions for a wide variety of asset types including: hard surface, hair & fur, skin, etc.
* Help establish studio rendering conventions for shaders, materials & textures.
* Provide regular updates to your direct supervisor, informing them of any issues that may affect progress, offering solutions as required.
* Provide rendering training to production users.
* Maintain integrity and structure of the pipeline & workflow.
* Meet stringent delivery deadlines under production constraints.
Required skills and experience
* Minimum 4+ years of relevant experience in high-end feature film visual effects.
* Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
* Expertise in one or more production renderers: Arnold, Mantra, Renderman, VRay.
* Ability to come up with creative, efficient rendering solutions.
* Strong understanding of Physically Plausible Shading models.
* Experience writing C++ dso/shadeop.
* Experience with Python, or other scripting languages is required.
* Artistic and technical skills in Look Development desired.
* Texturing and Lighting experience is desirable.
* Proficiency with Linux is preferred.
* Experience with Houdini is a plus.
* Strong initiative and problem solving skills.
* Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
To apply, please head to our Shader Writer job advert and click the apply button.
You can communicate with us regarding this position by sending an email with your resume, reel and breakdown, to email@example.com with the words ” Shader Writer ” in the subject line. Please state your availability and country of passport so we can assess your right to work in Australia and visa options.
All applications will initially receive an automatic reply. They have been known to end up in spam so please check that folder. Applicants closely matching this job description will be contacted for further information.