Weta Digital R&D Department is looking for a Software Developer to work on Gazebo, Weta Digital’s proprietary physically based real time renderer. Gazebo uses the latest hardware and rendering techniques to achieve movie quality rendering in real time. The software is used across the studio in a wide range of areas including our motion capture stage and lighting department
The ideal candidate would have experience with modern real time rendering techniques such as physically based shading and global illumination, and be comfortable working on large shared code bases.
• Design and implement new features as determined by production requests
• Upgrade existing features to make use of latest hardware
• Research new graphics techniques
• Provide technical support to artists and programmers.
• BS/MS or equivalent knowledge and experience in Computer Science or a related subject.
• Good knowledge of modern real time rendering techniques.
• Experience working with OpenGL 4.x (or DirectX 10.x) and above.
• Experience in writing, implementing and supporting a wide variety of graphics software systems
• Extensive knowledge of C++.
• Ability to work well in a team and closely with artists.
• Ability to work within a development schedule and investigate support issues as required in a production environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• 3+ years professional computer graphics experience in VFX, computer games or similar industry.
• Experience with the Maya or MotionBuilder C++ API.
• Experience with CUDA or OpenCL.
• Experience with developing on Linux.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Please fill out the online questionnaire at www.wetafx.co.nz/jobs and send your cover letter and resume through to us at: email@example.com