Animal Logic is one of the world’s most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.
We are seeking a motivated Software Engineer to join its core R&D group, based in our Sydney facility, to help continue the evolution of its visual effects production tools and processes, especially in the areas of natural phenomena simulation, procedural geometry generation/amplification, and creature effects. The role will involve the development and support of tools and techniques in collaboration with our artistic staff.
You will be working alongside some of the best artists and developers in the world, applying your technical skills to create new tools and techniques for generating stunning images, and integrating them into both new and established artist workflows.
You may have a background in film, animation, television, visualization or games fields. An interest in mathematics and/or physics would be beneficial.
- A tertiary qualification in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3 or more years of experience in a related field
- Software development experience using C++/C++11 and Python
- Working knowledge of relevant applications such as Houdini, Maya, including their APIs
- Ability to develop tools and UIs for creative users
- Experience with UNIX / LINUX
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently for some tasks
- Experience using software profiling and optimisation tools e.g. vtune, valgrind
- Mathematical skills and familiarity with algorithms for numerical simulation
- Working knowledge of other relevant APIs or extension languages, such as OpenGL, Bullet, OpenVDB, CUDA, Boost, TBB, Qt or PyQt
- An appreciation of design aesthetics
To apply, please complete our online application form via our website http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs