Associate Software Engineer
At Bally Technologies, slot machines are not just spinning reels and pull-levers. We develop software with incredible graphic and sounds, for clubs and casinos, as well as interactive and mobile solutions. If this is where your passion lies, we’re rolling out the red carpet. With offices around the world and positions available in a multitude of specialties, Bally Technologies offers our team members stability, variety, outstanding benefits, and the challenge you have been searching for.
About the Role:
Bally Technologies ANZ Pty Ltd has an outstanding opportunity for an enthusiastic entry level Associate Software Engineer. This position works on the creation of compelling game experiences for casino products. The primary responsibility of this positions is to deliver high quality and timely software for all assigned projects. This position must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and is accountable for the thorough implementation of all tasks assigned. This exciting full time opportunity is based in our Ultimo Office, reporting directly to the Associate Lead Software Engineer. As an Associate Software Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
Create high quality software in a timely manner for casino game products
Work with senior and lead team members to design and implement solutions for assigned games and projects
Work with, and develop relationships with, other team members as needed to meet team goals
Write well-commented code in accordance with product requirements following Game Development code creation processes
Develop a solid understanding of the platform hardware, libraries, development environment, tools, and utilities
Understand the production process and its many dependencies
Take initiative and be accountable for the timely completion and high quality of all assigned tasks
Essential Skills & Experience: The successful applicant is required to possess the below:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
Proficiency in programming language C# / C++
Object Oriented programming
Source Control/Configuration Management
Desired Skills & Experience:
Working knowledge of Unity, Unreal, or equivalent game engine
Client / server architecture
Strong math skills
Competitive remuneration package + superannuation
About the Role:
Bally Technologies ANZ Pty Ltd has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced and results-driven Senior Software Engineer to become a core member of our Software Development team.
This unique and exciting full time opportunity will be based in our new Silverwater Head Office, reporting directly to the Software Team Leader. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the following:
• Complete assigned projects in a timely and high quality fashion
• Actively contribute to the ongoing software design and development process of the studio and department.
• Assist in the development of any technical strategies as required.
• Write clear, well-commented code and verify that completed code performs as expected and the design is fully implemented.
• Review all completed tasks with quality, consistency and performance in mind.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of the platform hardware, libraries, development environment, tools, and utilities.
• Maintain understanding of competitive products and technology.
• Understand the production process and its many dependencies.
• Takes initiative and is accountable for the timely completion and high quality of all assigned tasks.
Essential Skills & Experience:
The successful applicant is required to possess the below:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 2+ years as an Software Engineer in gaming software development or equivalent experience
• Proficient in programming language C# / C++
• Scripting experience
• Working knowledge of Unity, Unreal, or equivalent game engine.
• Client / server architecture.
• Windows development.
Competitive remuneration package + superannuation.
If you believe you would excel in these roles please send an application letter addressing the positions key requirements, along with a copy of your CV to Jessica Tsolakis, HR Coordinator at Jtsolakis@ballytech.com or for further details, please call 02 8707 6814.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic entry level Associate Software Engineer to grow and apply their skills and experience in a fantastic and vibrant environment.