The storyboard artist’s role is to translate the script from the written word to visuals, creating panels that illustrate the events, mood, characters, plot and setting that will help the audience understand the story.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years experience storyboarding.
- Demonstrate an ability to conceive and execute storyboards for animated feature films and/or television series.
- The ability to develop character and dramatic action
- Able to work quickly to translate written story ideas into visual sequences.
- Work closely with Director, Art Director and Pre-Production Supervisor to choose the shots and define action, taking on any notes as briefed.
- An understanding of cinematic staging and dramatic structure.
- Strong drawing skills that keep to character and express the action and emotion required.
- An understanding of character development.
- Able to work collaboratively and independently within a team.
- An ability to value add and invent.
- Strong communication skills.
- A passion for the film/animation industry
If you are interested in applying for this position then please complete our online application via our website:http://www.animallogic.com/Careers/Jobs
Animal Logic is one of the world’s most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design. If you think Animal, think Moulin Rouge, House of Flying Daggers, 300, The Great Gatsby, Happy Feet, Legend of the Guardians, BBC’s Walking with Dinosaurs 3D, Avengers: Age of Ultron and of course the blockbuster and BAFTA winning hit, The LEGO® Movie. Yes, that’s all us!