Location: Ultimo, NSW, Australia Department: Dev Team Type: Full Time Min. Experience: Experienced
Soap Creative and our Indie studio SMG Studio is looking for an experienced Unity game/app developer that wants to make awesome games/apps for every screen.
You must have already made some games to be considered. Ideally they have already been published to the app stores.
This is a hybrid role in that you’ll be able to work with the SMG Studio team producing prototypes of games and seeing them through to completion but also working on client paid projects also.
Soap Creative show reel: https://vimeo.com/104388381
A collection of Soap Games: http://soapcreative.com/games
And some behind-the-scenes: http://labs.soapcreative.com
Examples of project based Unity work
Our studio and culture is geared towards producing great work. We are made up of lean, focused teams of talented interdisciplinary “Soaperheroes” – artists, designers, game and web developers.
You will have the opportunity to work on high-profile web and mobile projects for a roster of clients as well as original mobile games IP. Your work will help shape the direction of projects we take on.
- Demonstrated mastery of C# (Unity3D) with strong coding standards
- A rich understanding of game design principles and player experience
- Experience with GPU programming / shaders (targeting mobile devices)
- Ability to work in a team and develop re-usable commented code
- Experience in SVN and GIT version-control software
- Experience in cross-platform development
- Working knowledge of 3D modeling / lighting / UV-mapping / texturing
- Interest/experience in HTML5 / Flash (AS3) game development is a bonus
- Experience with Kinect, Lap Motion or Oculus = bonus points!
What We’re Looking For:
- A keen eye for polish, detail and performance
- A passion for focused game design / innovative ideas
- A team-player looking to collaborate and share
- Ambitious use and embrace of new technologies
- A passion for constantly making things better and mastering your craft
If you’re on top of your game (or would like to be), care about your work, want to work with like minded people then let’s talk.
Please send through samples of your work so we can play. Applications without games to play test will be ignored.