We are looking for a talented 3d artist to help us make a real difference in the global health industry. To do this we are partnering with Swinburne University to set up a team within the new Innovation Precinct (Hawthorne, Melbourne) starting November 2016.
This 3d artist role is an multi functional professional position that requires a high level of work ethic and a proven experience working in a creative/team environment. This person would be responsible for developing 3D art assets of a high quality whilst optimising performance and memory usage for our projects built with the Unity3D game engine.
– Produce, promote and support simulation and serious game development best practices, standards, and operations materials for implementation into any project. This will include the following core tasks and duties:
– Work as part of a multi-discipline, specialist team, and as part of this team contribute to work schedules, outputs, and technical capability and output of the team as a whole.
– Produce professional output including assets, media, documentation, and operations materials for implementation into ongoing projects. This will include the following tasks and duties:
– Create high quality 3D assets including models, textures, animations and final production assets for use in project.
– Closely follow art and design concepts and integrate assets into projects.
– Apply and maintain a consistent art style throughout the entire project interface.
– Analyse 3D art content and provide direction for final polish.
– Provide artwork to support team-wide project communication and vision.
– Assist with presentations and demonstrations of deliverables to stakeholders and other interest groups.
– Provide support to the group to ensure a team based, quality client focused service is provided and to identify development needs and opportunities.
– Participate in specific project activities, including assisting preparation of project proposals, designs, specifications, and reports.
– Engage and work efficiently with colleagues and other collaborators to achieve common goals to the highest possible standard.
– Monitor industry trends and evaluate emerging technologies and techniques, with a view to making recommendations on their inclusion in processes and/or capabilities. In particular, focus on design and interaction trends, visualisation, and animation.
Education, training and/or relevant experience equivalent to the completion of a degree in a related discipline with subsequent relevant experience.
Demonstrated experience in developing games. The candidate can:
Demonstrate knowledge of:
– Game development practices, disciplines and role responsibilities.
– 3D assets creation methodologies including polygon modelling, sculpting, UV unwrapping, texturing, photogrammetry, re-topography, lighting, rendering, animation, exporting.
– Integration, testing and management of 3D assets in game engines.
– File naming conventions, formats and storage best practices.
– Visual design development
– Designing for accessibility
Demonstrated expertise in at least 1 3D application, at least 1 2D application and at least 1 game engine from column 1 and must have modelling experience or expertise in another skillset from column 2 plus substantial aptitude to quickly develop adequate modelling skills.
– Adobe Photoshop
– Adobe Illustrator
– Unreal Engine
Demonstrated problem-solving skills including the design and development of production documentation including presentations and their demonstration to clients and stakeholders.
Demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes with minimal supervision and solve problems requiring a high level of attention to detail.
Interpersonal oral communication skills that demonstrate a capacity to work with stakeholders and colleagues, and the ability to participate in presentations and demonstrations at workshops, meetings and seminars.
Written communication skills that demonstrate experience writing reports and support documentation.
Demonstrated commitment to providing high quality work within a team environment in a timely and efficient manner.
Ability to actively participate in and contribute to establishing and maintaining an effective safe and healthy workplace.
– Experience in 3DS Max, Maya
– Experience in photogrammetry workflows.
– Knowledge of instructional design and learning methodologies.
Bondi Labs is an innovative software company that has demonstrated an industry leading capability and international profile in the design, development and production of simulation training / serious game applications for learning and innovation across a range of industries. Bondi Labs aims to address pain points found in industries such as mining, agribusiness, and health care and change the way businesses train on-and-offshore staff and practitioners.
for further inquiries.