This is a highly technical position, and would suit a candidate with well-developed technical skills and a genuine interest in problem solving. The role requires interaction with artists as well as software engineers and other pipeline groups within the facility. Therefore, good communication skills and a willingness to work on multiple varied tasks are essential.
Most importantly, the candidate must be motivated and interested in the opportunity to learn new systems and concepts and be willing and able to adapt to the changing needs of feature film production.
• Creating innovative and robust production pipeline development and workflow solutions.
• Degree in Computer Graphics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent work experience.
• Writing test frameworks
• Extensive knowledge of Python, broad experience with other programming languages a plus.
• Experience with source control systems such as SVN/Git
• Knowledge of and experience using Linux environment
• Strong interpersonal communication and teamwork skills.
• Strong time management skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Prior work with DB and web stacks
• Experience with QT and UX design.
• Experience with Maya, Nuke and Houdini APIs
• Strong technical understanding of VFX workflows.
If you are attending Siggraph 2016, please note this in your cover letter, or the ‘Work Experience’ Field of the Online Questionnaire