The requirements for the role are:
Primarily responsible for editing body motion of captured performances and integrating motion elements into the shot environment.
Performance Animation / Editing Motion includes:
- Repairing contacts and interaction between characters/props/environment/terrain.
- Non-destructive modification of motion to work with the requirements of the shot including staging, spatial and timing adjustments according to directors and supervisors feedback.
- Blending in/out body motion and stitching motion together.
- Adding finger/toe animation, staging, and performance adjustments that includes enhancing/reducing gesture and weight.
- Other editing includes: sharpening/smoothing/exaggerating/tuning-down and inserting/removing/adding body movement/ body-language/ reaction/ anticipation/ follow-through…
- Understanding of mapping techniques and transferring motion from one character to another.
- Ability to catch and identify technical issues.
- Sharp eyes for motion, timing and posture.
- Good understanding of the principles of Animation
- Background in using Motionbuilder and Maya.
- Experience working with motion-captured performance/animations.
- Attention to details.
- Good communication skills.
Background in using Linux and experience with Nuance is a plus.If you are attending Siggraph 2016, please note this in your cover letter, or the ‘Work Experience’ Field of the Online Questionnaire